Studies say that elderly people have a natural tendency to walk slowly due to loss of muscle strength in legs. This gives rise to certain physiological changes leading to reduced walking speed. The only way to improve the gait at this elderly age is by focusing to build the leg muscles. This is when a walker proves to be handy. Walkers play a very vital role in case of people who have undergone a surgery and are in the process of regaining their mobility. Walkers can be of different varieties like canes, basic walker, rollators and wheeled walkers.
Features to look for
When you are about to buy a rollator, you need to take a look at some of the reliable online stores of which Certhealth is one. Once you have noted the features to look for, just click on any link like https://certhealth.com/product-category/walking-aids/rollators/ to look for some of their best products. The following are some of the factors that should be considered like:
- Attractively designed and light in weight with aluminum frame
- Must have back support that can be easily adjusted with tool-free thumb screw
- Look for rollators having brake cable inside the frame for added safety
- The caster fork design improves turning radius
- Better if it has a removable carry pouch
- Cross brace design is recommended as it allows side-by folding and adds to the stability
- Compact in size and can be easily folded with one hand
- Adjustable handle height with unique push button facility
- Large 10-inch front casters for easy movability both indoor and outdoor
- Seat with a fold-up handle that adds to the durability and comfortable
Two of the popular products
Once you enter links like certhealth.com/product-category/walking-aids/rollators/, you will come across the products that Certhealth offers. While selecting any model you need to consider your requirements and take the decision accordingly. Two of their popular products that you can consider buying are:
- Bariatric Rollator Walker Heavy Duty with Large Padded Seat up to 400 lb Capacity – This is a great choice for patients who have undergone hip surgery or a bariatric surgery. This rollator walker is made of high-quality steel alloy and weighs around 27 pounds. It comes with four casters and a dual hand look-lock brake that provides effective control while moving. It has a capacity of 400 pounds and it comes with a basket under the seat that provides extra convenience and safety.
- Super Lightweight Rollator W/Aluminum Loop Break – This is a super lightweight rollator that comes with loop breaks, a seat and a storage pouch. It serves perfect for elderly, disabled and post-surgery patients. It is attached to four 6-inch caster wheels that have a soft grip and glides smoothly on any surfaces. Its adjustable seat allows people of different height to use it conveniently. Loop lock brakes are built with internal aluminum casting, which makes the breaks much more reliable. The rollator weighs around 14 pounds and can handle about 250 pounds of body weight. The adjustable handles make it perfect for people having limited dexterity, cerebral palsy and neuromuscular disorders.